Fishwick Primary Intent Statement
At Fishwick Primary School the curriculum we are designing aims to meet the diverse needs of our community and to give our children:
- a love of learning they will carry with them throughout their lives,
- a global perspective, opening their eyes to the world beyond their immediate environment,
- preparation for the next part of their learning journey, both academically and as members of a learning community,
- high ambitions to lead happy, healthy and productive lives and
- the social and emotional skills to succeed.
We follow the National Curriculum with subjects being taught both discreetly and as part of carefully planned topics. We ensure our children have a breadth of opportunity and varied and interesting experiences. Our curriculum offer extends to our families and we have built in opportunities for them to be part of our ‘learning community’. This is all underpinned by our core values and British values.