PE & Sport Premium
PE and Sport play a very important part in the life of Fishwick Primary School. Every child has at least two hours per week that is dedicated to physical activity in the curriculum. We believe that physical education and sport contribute to the holistic development of young people and through participation in sport and physical education, young people learn more about key values such as teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others.
There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development. Furthermore, sport also provides a healthy environment for young people to learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and losing.
The Sport Premium is being used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in School. We are using the Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- Using outstanding specialist PE teachers to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE.
- Procuring quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport through Lancashire County Council
- Establishing partnerships with local community sports clubs.
- Providing cover for staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Quality assuring the work of specialist sport coaches and instructors employed to coach PE lessons in after-school sports clubs.
- Forging links with local PE teachers in a small school to develop sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages.
- Providing places for pupils in after-school sport clubs.
- Attending a variety of competitions, that covers all age groups across the school.
- Transport cost to events.
- Develop swimming standards across Key Stage 2
- Updating equipment and resources.